Monday, May 14, 2012

Scarlett's Party

Scarlett's special day couldn't have been more perfect. Her actual 1st birthday fell on a Saturday, so it was a great excuse to throw a big party and invite all the family. We had around 35 people total, so it was a fairly large party to plan for! My parents have 40 acres, so we figured their land was the perfect spot to throw an outdoor barbeque. The weather was actually pretty hot, but once the sun went down, it was lovely! We even had the "super moon" to gaze at. Scarlett was teething, so she was actually a really cranky mess! She hardly let anyone hold her at the beginning of the party, but warmed up to everyone after a while. It is so nice to be able to have all of our families together for one occasion....it hardly ever happens and it was GREAT to see everyone. 
Scarlett and Daddy. She is a daddy's girl, just like the rest of them!
This was our drink station. Iced tea and yummy margarita punch.  The paper straws and paper ribbon added such a fun touch to the boring clear plastic cups! :)

This is my mom and her two sisters and my two cousins. So glad they all came! 

We used hydrangeas from my mom's garden. They turned out perfect!

My sister made these adorable mini cupcakes and also some bigger ones that had a "1" cupcake topper on them. They were so yummy, but of course I forgot to take a picture of those! 

I just don't think my nephew can get any cuter :)

Reese and Harper, doin their crazy daredevil antics. These girls are going to be a mess together someday :)

This is my Meme (my dad's mom). I love that my kids still have GREAT grandparents alive. So cool!

This is my cousin's little boy, Baylor. Harper and Baylor are only a few weeks apart and they were having a BLAST on the power toys :)

See, Haper can be sweet every now and then! 

This is Aaron's brother, Heath. 

Scarlett was the happiest when she was messing with Charlie, the dog! 

Here is Aaron's mom, Susan, in the middle. On the right is Aaron's little sister, Brie. On the left is Susan's boyfriend's daughter, Haley. 

Here is Scarlett with her Nana! 

Cousin Courtney 

Aaron was very glad that his younger brother, Shane, got to come and celebrate. 

Heath is attempting to teach Ava how to fish. What a girly girl! 

Reese is getting SO big! 


Here is the adorable smash cake that my sister made out of a cupcake. She is such a little Martha.

birthday hat! Scarlett was less than thrilled about it.
Hobby Lobby had the cutest cupcake pinata. I couldn't resist! 

gathering the candy!


I loved my adorable fabric pennants from Etsy. Of course, this picture does them NO justice and  I forgot to take a picture of the food table before it was destroyed. Oh well! 

My cousin brought these paper lanterns to fly off at night. They were SO pretty and Ava was so obsessed with them because they were just like the ones in the movie "Tangled." The clear night sky made it perfect to see them float away!

Party pooper! In her pj's and ready for bed before the party even ended! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a picture perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, you and Aaron make the prettiest girls. LOVE her smash cake - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty families! Scarlett's party was super cute and definitely Pinterest material. =)

    ReplyDelete