Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Morning Glory

Happy birthday, Scarlett!!


I seriously cannot believe that my little girl is turning ONE.  Scarlett's first year has literally flown by. I know that everyone says that, but it seriously DID fly by.


I swear it was just yesterday when the doctors handed her to me...

And Aaron said, "Look, Shelb, she has the cutest cheeks!"

 And Dr. Douthit made us pose for the classic "birth order" pose.  3rd time's a charm!

And I was just happy and relieved for a healthy baby!

And I finally got to use those adorable bows I bought on Etsy (wish I would have known about that site with Ava and Harper!)




And then all of a sudden...she turned into this beautiful, laid back, sweeter than sugar, little 1 YR OLD. WHAT?!

When I found out I was pregnant with Scarlett, we were VERY shocked. Shocked in so many ways, but mainly because we were following ALL precautions! (I was totally that 1% that the commercials warn about!) After all,  Ava was  2 1/2 and Harper was only 7 months old! We always knew we wanted a third child, but the timing with Scarlett was beyond crazy. We were living in a new city with our nearest family being 3 hours away. Aaron was working long hours. I was staying home full time with my other two babies.  The thought of adding another baby to the mix was overwhelming, to say the least. So, I just began to pray and ask God, "can this baby please just be a calm, low maintenance baby? Please! It will make things so much easier...and save what little thread of sanity I have left!" 


I know, right?! What a selfish prayer. Ridiculously selfish.

Fast forward to today....May 5, 2012. I can honestly say that our sweet little Scarlett is definitely an answer to my selfish prayer! She has the sweetest personality that I think any kid could ever have. Everything about her is just perfect to me. She sleeps. She eats. She laughs a lot. She enjoys car rides. She is snuggly, and I mean really snuggly. She loves it when her big sisters attack play with her. She loves animals (especially Grandpa Dexter). She LOVES her daddy and yells at the top of her lungs when he comes home from work. She basically loves.....

 EVERYTHING.



And that is why we love HER so much. The title of this post is called "My Morning Glory" because I have always referred to Scarlett as that. She is the happiest in the morning. She never cries and just sits in her bed and makes silly noises. It is to the point where Ava and Harper consider her their "morning glory" too. They both run into her room every morning and love to watch her and listen to her sweet sounds in the morning too! :)

 Happy 1st birthday to my beautiful, curious, spirited, playful and super snuggly little Scarlett Elle!  I can't wait to see how your personality grows within the next year. We love you to the moon and back!

PS: Stay tuned for pictures of her birthday celebration party! :)



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Scarlett!

    I can't believe she is one, either. She looks so grown up in those pictures. And, just like you and your other girls, so, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete