Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First Post!

Alright, alright. I give up! I am finally caving in to the world of "blogging." My main reason is to document the crazy, outlandish things that my kids say and do. Having three young girls makes it almost impossible to find time to sit down and drag the baby books out and try to remember things that happened last year, so I am hoping this blog will help me  do a better job of keeping up with life!



Spring is in full force here in Kansas, so we have been trying to maximize the nice weather. We went to a wildlife park and the girls had a blast. I actually think Aaron and I might have had more fun. I kept calling Aaron "Ace Ventura" because all the animals, especially these Lemurs, LOVED him!


Ava has really been into "patterns" lately. I guess she has been learning about them at school, so now she has to categorize everything into patterns. Needless to say, my produce has been found in some VERY random places...but at least it was in a pretty pattern! :)


We had a great visit from my parents (Nana and Papa) this past weekend. Harper was struggling with a cold, so she fell asleep in Papa's lap while she was playing with his funny glasses.


And one last fun tidbit.....my sister found out yesterday that she is having a GIRL! Ava is so excited. She told me that "Shea needs to have a girl, because she only has ONE girl right now and that is JUST NOT ENOUGH girls!" hahaha. Anyways, she is due sometime in September, so we are really excited to have another snuggly newborn to throw into this crazy clan!  I am so thankful that my girls will have cousins close in age as they grow up. I can only imagine all the fun they will have!!! My sister picked up some pink cupcakes to "announce" the big news to Reese and Rory. They look pretty excited to me!






3 comments:

  1. yay! I am so glad you stated a blog...you rs will be a fun one to follow! Looking forward to hearing all the hilarious ava/harper/scarlett stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging, Shelby! Can't wait to se more pics of your beautiful babies on here...and a huge congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete